We are ALL election weary. It feels like being whipped daily with a wet paper bag filled with dog poo. Friends and family we once thought were funny and smart – who ARE smart and funny – post or share things on social media that give us THIS face…even those we agree with!
Assuming none of us are dealing with self-inflicted-fence-riding-rash….we’ve made a decision! Here are a few things to do instead of yelling at the TV or stabbing the latest political meme through your device screen.
- Stock your bar – no matter what candidate you choose, it’s going to be a long night
- Binge watch DIY inspiration shows – we recommend Fixer Upper because who doesn’t like Chip & Joanna, Flea Market Flip, Rehab Addict – shiplap everything!
- Go to a German sausage festival – it’s our annual Church fundraiser this weekend! Lots of cooking and baking and more cooking as we prep to feed 300+ Sunday.
- Give notice at work….you’re going to late and hungover on Wednesday
- Get ahead in your NaNoWriMo word count*! (I’ll be in the writing cave Monday & Tuesday – after I vote of course)
- Check the immigration regulations for Canada – seems half the country will be moving on Wed.
- Put up the Christmas Tree!
- Watch The Princess Bride for the 1000th time and practice saying “Inconceivable” with a lisp.
- Lastly, remember the sun will come up Wednesday and we will be OK!
What are your survival plans for the next 5 days?
*yes, I’m counting these 250+ words as part of my daily count!